rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Friday, January 29, 2010

Everything Changes

Wowzer. A lot of different things are taking place in my life, and it's all exciting to me! Some of these things I can talk about, others I can't right now. But it all will be out in the light here in a couple of weeks, I promise you!

Right now I do want to talk about a couple of these "changes" that are taking place in my life.

One that I'm really excited about is that I'm going to be doing a couple of different blogs for an organization called "Friends Like Us."

Friends Like Us is a foundation set up by Pastor Mark Bailey & his wife, Deloris. Their mission is to help families with children who are battling cancer.

One of the things that they're wanting to do is to minister to the needs of these families, particularly the parents. They want to reach out with love to support them and encourage them in any way that they possibly can. One of the ways that they're doing this is through blogs on the Friends Like Us website.

This is where I come in.

I've been asked to write two different blogs for their website. The first is sort of like a "Pastor's Corner" type of blog where I offer Biblical encouragement as well as share my experiences with cancer.

The second blog will deal with humor and the importance of laughter in one's life, especially during difficult times.

Cancer causes confusion, and sometimes causes people to not know how to act. While letting the reader know that it's ok to laugh, I will give them oppertunity to laugh by posting funny things that I may come across on the net or just funny things going on in my life.

One thing that I am looking forward to is also volenteering my time to go to the cancer hospital to help pass out toys to children battling with cancer. I know that when that moment comes that I walk into a hospital room to deliver my first toy, my life will change. It's thrilling and fearful all at the same time, but I know when I see the smile on their faces that my life will not be the same after that. It will change. I will change. Not sure how, but I just know that it will happen.

Anyways....

I'm also anticipating being involved in a fundraiser this summer for Friends Like Us doing stand-up comedy. I feel really blessed that I have a talent to lend to help raise money and awareness to this amazing organization. I will be sure to pass on more details in regards to this fundraiser as information developes!

Speaking of stand-up comedy....

This June I plan on attending a conference in Nashville, Tennessee for Christian Comedians. This will give me chance to learn more about the industry and about performing stand-up comedy. There's also alot of meet-and-greet/networking that takes place there.

That's really exciting to me because it gives me a chance to build relationships with others in the industry, and hopefully opens some doors for me to begin doing this full time someday. Not only that, but it gives me a chance to meet some of my heros like Jeff Allen, Mike Williams, Tim Hawkins, etc.

There's many things that could possibly take place that I'm also excited about. For instance there's a chance that I could be performing stand-up at this year's Crawford County Relay For Life. There's also a chance that I could be doing some things with some of the Richland County Relay for Life teams, as well.  I've also been in contact with a lady who works with mentally handicapped people who's interested in working with me.

One thing that's coming quickly is I will be adding a store to my Eric's Comedy website. On there I will be selling T-Shirts, stickers, CD's, DVD's, etc. as I get the products developed and produced. T\he first product that I plan on selling on my website & eventually at my shows is my "Evangelsize" t-shirt, which is based on one of my bits that I do in my show.
I also plan on doing more to showcase other ministries that are out there on the battlefield, working overtime for the Kingdom of God and who are REALLY making a difference in this world and in people's lives.

One of those ministries is One Way Street Ministries located in Columbus, Ohio. It's also known as Jericho's Lightclub. They're an inner-city outreach ministry who have for the last 5 years been making a difference in the lives of many druggies, prostitutes, homeless people, and street kids. They've worked tirelessly trying to help these people turn their lives around, as well as feed them and cloth them. These guys are the real deal and they do amazing work!

I've been blessed to have many oppertunites to go there and share the Gospel many times over the last 2 years. I love Pastor James and Pastor Peggy, and I love what they do. I'm really looking forward to working with them more in this coming year.

I'm really excited about some of the relationships that have developed over this past year, and how many of them are taking a turn towards the spiritual. There's actually some discipleship taking place there, which excites me to no end! Some are actually begining to come to church with Crystal and I, which is always exciting!

So much is going on right now. God is soooooo good!!

There's even more going on, and it's killing me because I can not talk about it at this moment. This one thing is going to cause just about everything in my life to change, and I'm so excited about it. I wish I could tell you guys, but I can't at the moment!

Soon, though. Soon.

Until then be blessed....

1 comment:

  1. Eric,
    We were blessed to read what you wrote about Friends Like Us. Thank you so much and in all reality..yes we are devoted/committed in helping these families dealing with childhood cancer (it's our love), but it's people like you who are willing to help and come together in unity to help make things happen. You are a great example of what the body of Christ should be!

    We love you Eric...
    Mark & Deloris
    Friends Like Us

    ReplyDelete