rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day, Baby!!

To My Wife, Crystal:

I know when it comes to Valentine's Day I'm not exactly Mr. Romance. I can't remember the last time I bought you flowers. I don't even remember when the last time I bought you a card. I do remember that one year I decorated your station at work with the giant card, flowers, and a teddy bear!! But I can't remember if I did that for Valentine's Day or Sweetest Day.

I sometimes wish that I was better at this stuff. You deserve so much better than what I give to you. You have absolutely no idea of how much I love you, Crystal, and it's because I don't do enough to show you.

I know on the surface that I don't seem that thoughtful. But that's only on the surface. Deep down inside I think about you more than I do anyone else. I'm always thinking about you, actually.

I think about your laugh. I don't know what it is about that sound, but it's beautiful to me. I'm addicted to it, and I'm always thinking of new ways to make you laugh just so I can hear that sound. I could stand on stage & make a thousand people laugh, but it's the sound of your laugh that I long to hear above all others.

I think about your amazing smile. I love it when you smile & you can't stop. Your eyes light up & they sparkle. I feel so blessed that I'm able to look upon such beauty. It's all I ever want you to do. So I'm all the time looking for ways to keep that smile upon your face.

I think about being with you. I just want to be around you. You are my best friend, and there is no other person that I love being around as much as I love being around you. You are so much fun just to hang out with, being goofy. I love how we just lay in bed at night trying to make each other laugh. I look forward to just having that time with you everyday.

I think about all those times you should have left me, and I give thanks to God that He gave you the grace to stay with me. Who knows where I'd be or what I'd be doing. You fought for me to grow up & be a man.

I think about that night when you prayed over me as life was slipping from my body. Nobody loves me as much as you. Nobody trust me as much as you do. You fought for my life with me. It was just you, me, & God that night. No doctors. No nurses. No hospital staff. Just the 3 of us.

I think of all the times we cried, held each other's hand. All our biggest pain, our biggest loses. We've shared them together. We've been there for each other, ministered to each other, prayed for each other, loved each other & did whatever it took to see each other through.

I'm all the time talking about you to other people. I'm all the time sharing with them things that you do that makes me laugh or touches me. I want everyone to know what a beautiful, incredible, dynamic woman I'm married to.

Crystal, you are it for me. I am head over heals in love with you. I don't know how else to say it.

The card I could give you just has words that someone else wrote. They don't even know you.

The flowers that I could buy for you would just die. As long as there's breath in my lungs, my love for you will not.

Jesus said "Great love has no man than this: that a man lay down his life for his friends."

I try my best everday to lay down my life for you because you are my best friend. No teddy bear could ever express that. It has no life in it to lay down.

And while chocolate & candy is sweet, that bad thing about it is everyone else wants a piece. My heart is filled with love, not chocolate, and it belongs to you. It's not to be shared. It's yours & yours alone.

I'm really looking forward to our walk tonight. Candles, snow, woods. Sort of like the night I asked you to marry me.

I want you to have an awesome, amazing Valentine's Day. There's no flowers, no card, no teddy bears, no candy. All there is me & you have all of me. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment