rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Sunday, January 17, 2010

God is Not Boring!!!

Tonight I had every intention of sitting down, writing a blog about something that God's been speaking to my heart today. But then something else unexpected took place, and tonight I'd rather blog about that. It seems a little bit more important 'cause it's captured my heart. The other thing, oh, I can write about any time I want. This can't wait!

Earlier today my wife took my son to see Avitar. They got to spend a lovely afternoon together watching the movie, and then later on they went out to dinner. (I was working, just so you know. I don't want you to think that they were purposely leaving me out. Besides, I've already seen Avitar.)

Anyways, they get home. I'm already home from work. Crystal goes and gets online. He fires up his playstation, and I take my laptop to the other room to begin studying for my next blog.

All of a sudden my son comes in the bedroom, where I'm working, and lays across the bed. He can obviously see that I'm busy, but that doesn't stop him from interrupting me. I could obviously see that he wanted to spend some time with me. How could I refuse? My work can wait.

He wanted to know what I was doing. I told him that I was studying, and he wanted to know what I was studying. I began talking about it, then the next thing I know I'm laying my notes aside and we're having a deep conversation about God, His word, and how we live our lives. It turned into a discussion about End Times, then the next thing I know we're looking up videos on Youtube that talk about the Feast of Trumpets. Then we went right back into our conversation. It got deep. It was meaningful. It was educational. It was awesome!!

All this happened over a period of almost 3 hours. As he was leaving the room, I asked him what was more entertaining: watching Avitar or this discussion we just had about God. He was totally honest and said that he was pretty entertained by Avitar, but Avitar didn't excite him or make him think like our discussion did. He actually found our discussion more exciting than the movie!!!

That's when I said, "Don't go anywhere. I got one more video for you to watch." He said, "What is it?" I said, "Give me a second let me find it." And a couple of clicks later I had it.

Here it is:


The conclusion of this whole thing is very simple. God is not boring. Neither is spending time with my son. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment