rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Avatar in 3D!

Earlier tonight my wife and I went with our Pastor and his wife to watch Avatar in 3D. I must say, I liked it!


James Cameron did an amazing job making this movie! He also wrote it, as well. A little over 2 hours long, this movie had a really solid plot, and it played out really well. Couldn't find any real holes in the plot whatsoever.

The really remarkable thing about this movie is the level of imagination that went into this. It absolutely blows my mind! James Cameron pretty much created a whole new world, with different kinds of plants and animals, with a race of people totally unlike anything you've ever seen before.

If you're considering watching this, I suggest watching it in 3D. We did, which was really cool. I haven't tried watching a movie in 3D since I was a kid, so it was a real treat.

While I don't want to give the plot away, I do want to talk about a few specific things I noticed about the movie.

First off was the use of religion. In the movie the native people have a deity that they worshipped. This is a key element to understanding the native people. Their lives revolved around their belief in this deity. A few of the human characters in the movie couldn't comprehend or didn't even want to try to comprehend the importance of the natives beliefs, so at times they would comment about their beliefs.

Another interesting thing is that there is a tree which acts as sort of a mediator between this deity and the natives. It's amazing is that in order for them to communicate to this deity they have to more or less go through the tree by connecting or attaching themselves to it.

There was also a couple scenes in there where the natives were having more or less a worship service, which was amazing to watch. Even though most of these scene was done in CGI, they still managed to really sale the passion these characters were putting into their worship.

There was even one scene where all the natives more or less laid hands on the lead character in a way that looked as if they were praying for him.

There is one scene, also, where the lead character goes to this sacred tree and prays.

With all that said, this is by no way, shape, or form a Christian movie. Just so you're warned incase you're thinking about seeing it there is some language. Nothing sexual vulgar as far as language goes. There's no F-word. Alot of using the Lord's name in vain, though!

As far as sexuality, most of the native characters are about half naked. What little "clothing" they have on doesn't cover much, and in my personal opinion wasn't neccessary. But it's Hollywood, and sex sells.

There was one love scene in it. While there was no nudity in the love scene, or should I say no need for nudity since they were already half naked to begin with, it was still enough that I had to turn my head and look away.

Overall, I really enjoyed this movie. Everything was done to excellence. The only things that I didn't like about the movie was over use of the foul language, especially my Lord's name being used in vain, and the half naked native people running around. I also didn't like the fact that I had to turn my head during the love scene. They could have cleaned it up a little bit.

So, how would I rate this? I'm going to say 4 out of 5 stars.

Let me know what YOU think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment