rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Debating Atheist

I'm not really a big fan of debates. There's never really a winner, and nobody's mind really gets changed. For the most part they're pointless.

Yet, sometimes I find myself getting involved in them online, especially when it comes to atheist.

Why? I think I do it because their perspective & world view is so radically different from my. It stands in direct opposition to everything I know, love, and believe to be true.

It forces me to dig deeper into this relationship that I have with Jesus Christ and to remind myself why it is so important to know Him.

James 2:19 says, "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."

Either you're a believer, or you're a follower of Christ. Jesus said 18 times in the Gospels that we must follow Him. Many people believe, but choose not to follow. This puts them into the same class as devils and demons.

The really sad thing is that atheist are neither believers or followers. In a way it puts them into a class all their own.

In encourage you to continously pray for each and every atheist that you encounter. Try not to debate them, especially if you're not strong in you faith & your relationship with Jesus Christ. They will only confuse you and make you feel stupid. Seriously!!

As I conclude this blog, I have yet to get a response from my last post from the atheist I was debating. Will he respond? Who knows? All that I pray tonight is that somehow through this debate God spoke through me to him, and gave him something new to think about that he never considered before. Hopefully there was a seed planted. Hopefully I see this man in Heaven someday.

Lord, let his eyes be open to see the truth!! May he open his mouth, confess with his lips that Christ is Lord!! In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment