rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Blog About a Picture

They say a picture's worth a thousand words. I don't know how many words I'm going to put into this blog this morning, but I have a picture that's worth talking about.

 

Anslea is the pretty little girl in the shorts & tank top. Guess how old she is? I'll tell you. She is 3 years old.

Guess what she's doing?

She's handing out food to orphans in Cambodia just a few miles away from the Killing Fields, several Buddist temples, and brothels that keep children as sex slaves.

Anslea is my adopted "niece." Her mom (Beth) is my wife's best friend, and her dad (Jonathon) is a close, personal friend of mine. I have had the privilage of helping Jonathon make 3 mission trips to Cambodia, and helping Beth go twice. This year Jonathon & Beth were able to take Anslea, their oldest son, Anthony, and Beth's mother, Ann, and are currently serving alongside Water of Life Ministries in Phnom Penh.

So, what do you think about this picture?

There's a 3 year old girl serving Jesus in Cambodia. If she can do it why can't you? What's your excuse?

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to guilt you into going on a mission trip to some third-world country. That's not my intention.

However, there's some reading this who God is calling to the mission field and you're ignoring His call. He's calling you to go, & you just want to make excuses:
  • I'm too old.
  • I'm too fat.
  • I can't afford it.
  • It'll be too hard (physically, mentally, emotionally)
  • I don't want to leave the kids.
  • My church won't support me.
  • I can serve Christ here at home. (Are you? How?)
  • Etc., etc., etc....

It's time to stop making excuses & doing what the Lord Jesus has called & created you to do: fulfill the Great Commission.

And here it is: Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the World." Amen.

This command was given by Jesus to all of Christianity, and there's only two ways that this can be fulfilled:
  1. Either you're going...
  2. or you're sending.
If you're not doing one or the other than you're not doing your part to fulfill the Great Commission.

Right now, this stage of my life, I'm a sender. I'm trying to put my gifts & talents to use to send missionaries. (For more information please check out my Microphones for World Missions Tour.)

If you're interested in getting involved with missions I can help. I can give you some leads that will help get you started, no matter if you want to go or if you want to send.

If you already are a missionary, that's great! Contact me! I would love to help you fundraise for your next mission trip or your upcoming mission project!

All-in-all, it's not as hard as you would think it would be. If a 3 year old can do it, then so can you!

Thanks for reading!

Yours in Christ & Comedy,
Comedian Eric Johnson
info@EricsComedy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment