rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Microphones for World Missions Tour

I've never tried putting together a tour before. Actually, I've never been on a tour. So why am I doing this?

The last 3 years my wife & I have been very blessed that we've been able to fundraise & send our son on 3 mission trips to Baja, Mexico through the non-profit organization Global Expeditions.

It's hard to say just how many lives were impacted just by my son & his teams going to Baja, Mexico. While there they were able to build several houses, conduct street evangelism through which hundreds came to know Christ, develope relationships with many of the locals, as well as develope life-long relationships with each other. They also had many oppertunities to pray for people.  There were countless testimonies coming out of Mexico of both locals & students experience life changing miracles.

God used these students in powerful ways, and because of that, not only were the people of Baja, Mexico changed, but the students lives, as well.

This year our son decided to take a year off. He has worked hard the last three years planning, fundraising, praying, & actually going.

My son has had such amazing experiences. I'm so happy that my wife & I have been able to help him fundraise over the years. We have certainly learned a lot, & the fruit of our labor was being able to share in the joy our son had upon his return from Baja, Mexico each year.

Which brings me to the Tour.

The idea for the Microphones for World Missions Tour came about one day during prayer time. I was talking with the Lord, expressing to Him my desire to help missionaries raise money for their mission trips. I asked Him for an idea, and BOOM!! This one came to me!

Here's what I'm offering:

- Me performing clean, family friendly Christian stand-up comedy
  for your fundraiser.
- I will performing a set anywhere from 30 minutes to 75 minutes 
  long for one, set price (Just tell me how long you want me to
  perform, that's it!)
- I will donate 40% of all my merchandise sales towards your
  mission trip .
- I will also help market/promote the show online.
- I will also send you a promotional poster that you can print,
  hangup, or hand out to invite people out to the show/fundraiser.

It's up to the missionary to supply the venue. Typically, most use their home church or a local banquet hall.

The missionary would also have to pay for my transportation & supply me with overnight lodging when necessary.

I'm open to doing things with the least amount of expense so we can put as much money as possible towards your mission trip.

This format we can be VERY flexible!

A comedy show works well with other forms of entertainment. You can bring in a Christian band or a local singer, a dance teams, or even have an "open mic" where people can perform for a donation.

It's also easy to incorporate bakes sales, raffles, silent auctions, art shows, live auctions, etc. into the fundraising event.

If you're interested, let me know! We can start working together on this right now!

If you know of someone who is interested, please let ME know about THEM or let THEM know about ME!

I thank you for your time & interest in the Microphones For World Missions Tour.

Please, keep supporting missions!

Yours In Christ & Comedy,
Comedian Eric Johnson
info@EricsComedy.com
419-632-1751

No comments:

Post a Comment