rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hanging Up My Mic

There's been so much going on here recently in my life, I haven't had much time for blogging. Things have gotten exciting & busy all at the same time! There's so much that I want to tell you about, I hardly know where to start!

The BIG thing going on in m life right now is that I've got a new job! I switched jobs back in a little over 2 months ago. It's a big change for me! I'm now working full time, again, for the first time in almost 4 years! Plus, I get benefits!

I've also been pretty busy here lately at the church. Our senior pastor has been having problems with his back, & I've been getting a lot of opportunities at church to minister & lead services. It's been really cool! Over the last 10 weeks I did an eight part series on the Seven Churches of Revelation! I know that don't add up, but that's what we did! Anyways....

God has been doing so many great things in my life here lately, & I know out there right now He's leading me into all kinds of different ministry opportunities. I know that there's going to be opportunities to witness & minister at my new job. I know that there's plenty of chances to minister at church. Everything's so exciting right now!

With all that being said, I do have another announcement, and this announcement is the whole reason I'm blogging.

I'm hanging up my microphone for a season.

Yep. I'm taking a break from comedy for a while.

It's not because of things aren't going good, comedy wise. I've been on pace this year to book more shows than ever! I've got around 75 minutes worth of material. Recently I had one of my best shows EVER!

So, why am I hanging up my mic right for now?

#.1) God wants me to lay it down & focus on other things.

I have a friend of mine who is going to be starting up a ministry here soon, & I feel as if I'm supposed to be apart of it. It's not a church, but something different. And I'm excited to work with him helping him do his part in building God's Kingdom.

Also, I've always wanted to write a book. The last 10 weeks I've been preaching a series on the Seven Churches of Revelation. They whole time I was going through the study, I felt like this should be a book. I have actually even been praying about it, asking God if I should write a book! The funny thing is that as soon as I was done preaching the last message of the series, a few people in my church came up to me & suggested that I write a book about the Seven Churches of Revelation!! YES!! Confirmation! And my Pastor even agrees that I should, as well!!

So, right now I'm getting ready to start writing my first book!!

#2.) God has really blessed me with this job. He's given me a chance to do something I haven't been able to do in about 4 years - He's given me a chance to provide for my family with steady, stable income. And for that, I'm thankful.

While my new work schedule does not in any way interfere with church, it doesn't, however, prevents me from taking any comedy gigs on the weekend. I could get my schedule changed if I really wanted, but you know what? I'm at peace about this schedule & I feel like I'm right where the Lord wants me for now. I'm not going to mess with it.

Besides, I know that this is only for a season. I know that in the future I'll be doing comedy again. And I'm sure I'll do little projects here & there & post a bunch of stupid stuff online. I'm not going to stop being funny! I'm just going to stop performing for while & focus on my obedience to Christ Jesus.

I thank all of you who have stood by me, encouraged me, loved me, & supported me these last 3 years. Eric's Comedy would not even be here if it wasn't for you guys! THANK YOU!!

Please continue to stand by me, encourage me, love me, support me, and pray for me & my family as my life takes another turn in another direction.

And don't worry....I'll be back!!
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment