rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Friday, December 10, 2010

Behind the Music: Someone's Gone to Hell

I wrote this song, Someone's Gone to Hell, in the summer of 2009. There had actually been a shoot out here in town between a guy & the local police department, which resulted in this guy being shot & killed.

This had happened in a neighborhood that we used to live in. Even though I did not know the guy, it still hit me pretty close to home. In the days after the shooting, more & more information came out about this guy & his life. It was obvious that this man did not know the Lord Jesus Christ.

This "revelation" greatly disturbed me. This man is now dead & it's too late for anyone to do anything for him, spiritually speaking. All I kept asking myself is "Where was the church?" Where was I? Where was Christianity? This man's whole life could have been changed if we Christians were doing what we're supposed to do. He could have left this earth in a entirely different fashion, & instead of arriving to eternal torment, he could have walked into the loving arms of a Savior.

Now, it's not my place to say if this guy's in heaven or hell. I do not sincerely know. But based on what little information that I do know my guess would be hell. That's not to say that he didn't cry out to Jesus before he took his finally breath, or that someone didn't have a chance to pray with him. It could have happened, & I hope & pray that something did.

Never-the-less, here's my song, "Someone's Gone to Hell."

No comments:

Post a Comment