rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I Want to Burn a Bible!!

This will probably be one of my most shocking blogs ever, but I think I want to burn a Bible. Dead serious!!

This week there's a pastor down in Florida named Terry Jones. His whole thing is this September 11th his church is going to burn a Koran.

This has alot of people in an uproar, & with good cause. What this "pastor" & his church (The Dove World Outreach Center) is doing could cause problems for our troops overseas as well as possibly provoking a terrorist attack. Nobody wants that.

And it's not just our soldiers who's lives are at stake here. It's also our missionaries overseas, who many are based in Muslim countries. They are the ones who are going to bear the brunt of any backlash that may come out of this.

A Christian burning a Koran isn't really radical, which is what I believe this "pastor" is going for. He wants to send radical Islam a radical message, which is only going to cause radical Islam to become more radical.

If this "pastor" really wanted to do something radical then he should have had his church burn Bibles. Now THAT would be radical! A Christian burning a Bible!!

That's the reason I want to burn a Bible. It's radical & it would send a message to the Muslim world that's just as radical, if not more.

The Word of my God is so much more than just ink & paper in a book. It's in my heart. It burns within me. Like the prophet Jeremiah said, "But if I say I'll never mention the Lord or speak in His name, His word burns within my heart like a fire. It's like a fire in my bones! I am worn out trying to hold it in! I can't do it!" (Jeremiah 20:9). So, setting a Bible on fire means nothing to me, because it's already burning deep down inside of me. As a matter of fact give me a Bible & a match so I can show you what goes on inside of my heart each & every day.



The Word of my God was proven once by fire before. You can read it in I Kings 18:1-40. Two alters were set up. Two bulls were slaughtered. The 450 prophet of Baal called upon Baal to send fire from the sky, which never happened. Then Elijah had a trench dug around his alter, had 4 barrels of water filled up, poured over his sacrifice, his alter. So much so that the trench was flooded. Said a prayer, then PRESTO!! Fire came down from Heaven, consumed Elijah's alter, his sacrifice, and all the water, but it also consumed the alter & sacrifice of the 450 prophets of Baal.

Since I know that my God's Word has been proven by fire before, I have nothing to fear by burning my Holy book. I can burn my Holy book & my God will forgive me. He won't consume me for it.Try burning your holy book & according to your teachings Allah will send you to hell, but not before your own people put your through it before you get there.

See, my God's Word is all about love. It's about sacrifice. It's about laying down one's life so that someone else can live. Jesus Christ embodied that. That's why John 1 says that He is the Word of God made flesh. He sacrificed His life for our sins so that we can live life eternally with Him. He died for us - that is sacrificial love, & that is what my God is all about.

And I am willing to prove that to you as a demonstration of my God's love by burning a Holy Bible. I risk being rejected & persecuted by my own people for it. My own family would probably disown me because of it. It doesn't matter. I know my God would not destroy me for it like yours would. My God loves me, & my God loves you. I would risk it all just to prove that to you.


And that's the radical message that I want to send to you by burning my Bible: that my God loves you & that He will forgive you. There's nothing that you can do that would ever seperate you from my God's love (Romans 8:39), including burning His Holy book.

I really don't think that you could say the same thing about Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment