rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Plunder Hell to Populate Heaven

Today marks a first in both my career as a comedian & my ministry as a minister. Today I booked a show at a bar.

Normally most Christian entertainers mostly stick to entertaining at Christian venues.  We stick to church events, & other "church" type functions. Yet if you talk to the entertainer they will tell you that their "ministry" is an "outreach."

Who are they fooling? They're preaching to the choir!! In some cases they're not even preaching - they're only entertaining.

I know it sounds like I'm being pretty critical. I am. But this blog is just as much directed at myself as it is them.

I'll be honest here, folks....I'm scared!! Even though I'm taking my Pastor with me, it's still me in front of all those people, most of them intoxicated, with a microphone in my hand talking. This is my Elijah & the 450 prophets of Baal.

I've heard this term used over & over again: You've got to plunder hell to populate Heaven. Going into enemy territory is never easy, but it is necessary. There's people in there who are dying mentally, physically, emotionally, & especially spiritually. They need Jesus, but they're not going to find Him in that bar unless someone brings Jesus in.

Please keep me in prayer as I prepare myself for this 1-night mission trip. I do need to hear from God on what to say & what to do. I need to hear from God while I'm there. Not only that, but there's someone there who needs to hear from God, and that's what is most important.

Thank you guys for your continued love & support!!

Many blessings,
Eric

No comments:

Post a Comment