rss
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Speaking to the Storm

It's funny. The last blog I posted was about Jesus speaking to the storm.

This blog isn't so much a teaching, as much as it is a testimony of God's awesome power.

August 21st, 2011, I was doing a show in Louisville, Ohio called Rock the Park. I was hired to be the host/MC for the event featuring Oh Tear the Veil, Chasing Chariots, Shine Bright Baby, & Hawk Nelson.

It was a picture perfect day, weather wise. I mean you could not have asked for a more beautiful day for the month of August. Not too hot, blue skies, sunshine. It was nice!

Shine Bright Baby performing at
Rock the Park 2011 - Louisville, Ohio
©2011 Taylor Nervo / TVN Photography
www.wix.com/tnervo12/tvnphotography
 The concert started at 6pm. It was looking like it was going to be a beautiful night for a show, and it was! Everything was going well until Shine Bright Baby's set. That's when the clouds quickly started coming in & things started getting dark.

After Shine Bright Baby finished up their set, Pastor Jeff Bogue took to the stage to deliver an evangelistic message. As he was up there speaking, the clouds kept getting darker & darker. You could feel the winds start picking up. There were even a few sprinkles.

Backstage, I think anyone who had a smartphone had a radar up on their phone, watching the situation closely.

Hawk Nelson was scheduled to go on stage promptly at 8pm, followed by fireworks at 9pm, but with the weather situation quickly changing & the severity of it uncertain, a decision was made to delay Hawk Nelson.


So, I took to the stage to announce to the crowd that due to the storm Hawk Nelson would not be out for another 10 to 15 minutes. After that I did my best to keep the crowd pumped up & focused.

As I started into one of my jokes, something just hit me deep down inside: Speak to the storm. I knew it was God. I had to do this.

So, with mic in hand I told the crowd, "I want to do something here. In the Bible Jesus spoke to the storm & it worked. I know it will work here. I want to ask every single one of you to turn around and look up at the clouds. And on the count of three I want you speak to the storm & say with me 'No Rain in Jesus Name!'"
Here's a picture of me speaking to the crowd of 4,000 at Rock the Park 2011.

©2011 Taylor Nervo / TVN Photography
www.wix.com/tnervo12/tvnphotography
 I looked out across the crowd as people quickly turned around. Some even pointed up at the sky. I counted "1-2-3" and all at the same time over 4,000 people spoke to that storm & said with me, "No Rain in Jesus Name!"

I immediately went back into comedian/host mode, telling jokes & trying to keep the crowd pumped up for Hawk Nelson. I assured them that the show would go on, that Hawk Nelson would be out in a couple of minutes, and that we would be having fireworks tonight.

As I was talking an amazing thing started to happen: the clouds started breaking up!

A few minutes later one of the backstage volunteers came out onto the stage and tapped me on the shoulder. I stopped talking, & turned to listen to what the man had to tell me.

You should have seen the smile on this guys face! It was PRICELESS!! He was obviously pumped up about something!

Rainbow! A true sign from God!

©2011 Taylor Nervo / TVN Photography
www.wix.com/tnervo12/tvnphotography
After he told me what it was that he had to tell me, I quickly moved the microphone up to my mouth & proudly announced to the crowd that if you looked off to the side of the stage up in the sky you will see a rainbow!

It was so cool, because everyone was pointing up at the sky! You could hear them say, "Ooo LOOK! It's a rainbow!" They were absolutely amazed!

I said, "In the Bible the rainbow is a sign of God's covenant with Noah. Today 4,000 people spoke to that storm & God heard you! He placed that rainbow in sky so that you would know that He heard you!"

"Guys, remember this day, and never forget! Speak to your storms! God hears you!"

3 comments:

  1. Folks,
    What Eric writes is accurate. Three persons I spoke with had an identical account from watching the radar. Police chief, fire chief and city service director all described the massive storm cell bearing down on metzger park "DIVIDING" just before the park property with a split going northeast and a split heading southeast and then REJOINING after passing the park. Just to the northwest of the Park on South street. it poured, to the south people were drenched, At Metzger Park, splatters and a 30 second gust of wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow!!!!!!!!!! GOD IS AMAZING!!! WHY SHOULD THIS SURPRISE US!!!...lol
    it reminds me of the passage in Mark 4: 35-41...Where Jesus wants to go over to the other side away from the crowd...and he ends up falling asleep..and a storm moves in and the disciple were freakin' out...And they woke Jesus up...asking Him if He cared if they drowned and when Jesus woke...he rebuked the wind and told it to be quiet and still. And it did!! And He asked why they were so afraid..and asked if they still had faith. But they were so freaked out by this and they were asking each other ..."who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!"

    I am speaking to myself in this ...
    We have seen Jesus heal and do miracles...and I believe that He is the Messiah...and I have faith...We don't need to panic...Keep the Faith in Jesus..Speak to those storms in our lives just as Jesus did!!! Because He has given us Power and Authority to use in His name...He has it all under control!

    Just like that night at Rock the Park...He had it all under control...what amazement to be part of that!!!
    Thank You Jesus I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only last Sunday my bible teacher shared some rainbow stories with us. BTW I live in Largo, FL.The Word Of God spoken knows no boundaries as I
    often listen to a radio preacher over 1,000 miles away and it seems like he's directly speaking to me(which can be a combination of conviction/comfort). Carl E Graham,Largo,FL aka "Ed the Med"

    ReplyDelete